The Flex2® saddle is a popular choice in a variety of disciplines because it’s unlike any other saddle available today. Not all “flex” saddles are the same and has become a generic term in our industry. Only Circle Y has this Flex2® design to ensure safety and rider weight distribution while remaining light weight. It starts with the Flex2® tree.
The Circle Y Flex2® tree has a dual-bar system which provides both stability and flexibility where they are needed. The rigid ground seat combined with the high-density bars will never overflex in the middle when you sit in the saddle. The high-density bars provide stability under the rider for weight distribution which makes the Flex2® saddle an option for riders of all sizes. The low-density bars are what’s flexible which conform and flex at the tips with the horse to provide freedom of movement. It will never flex in half or get wider over time. The only caution to a Flex2® tree is do not rope out of it. Not all “flex” saddles are the same and has become a generic term in our industry. Only Circle Y has this Flex2® design to ensure safety and rider weight distribution and are offered. The Circle Y Flex2® saddles are available in a 17″ and 18″ seat size. Riders of all sizes may safely ride a Flex2® tree because of the dual-bar system and rigid groundseat to prevent overflexing.
Which Flex2® trail saddle is right for me?
The original tree is still our most popular. A 4″ tall cantle and 13″ wide swell provide a moderate seat, the standard in all-day trail comfort.
For the rider that prefers a deeper, more secure seat the SS has a taller and wider 14″ swell and 5″ cantle for back support.
For the rider looking for a slick fork buckaroo style in a comfortable trail saddle, the 10″ wide A-fork swell provides an open seat for freedom in the saddle. A 5″ cantle provides support.
The appeal of a traditional Wade look meets Flex2® features for all day comfort. 10″ wide Wade swell with stout horn, and 5″ cantle for a deep seat and back support.
The Will James style swell lends a rancher look. The low profile 13″ wide swell paired with a 4″ cantle provide an open seat
Is it right for me?
• Are you tired of struggling to saddle your horse and want something lightweight and easy to handle?
• Do you ride for long hours and appreciate comfort for yourself AND your horse?
• Do you compete in timed events where every pound counts?
• Have you had a hard time finding a saddle that’s comfortable for you and your horse?
• Are you riding in a discipline that does NOT require roping or heavy dragging?
• Do you need a saddle that frees your horse to perform?
If you answered YES, a Flex2® is a great choice!
What it’s NOT:
• Not adjustable or one-size-fits all. Proper saddle fit is important no matter what the tree. Flex2® saddles are offered in Regular, Wide, and Extra Wide fits.
• Not recommended for roping or heavy dragging.
• Will not flex in half, get wider over time, or overflex to create pressure points if properly fitted.
Flex2® saddles are crafted with several comfort features for you and your horse. Look for these icons by the saddles to know what features are on certain saddles.